OpenCoinage: Open-Source Digital Cash
Note: this is at present pre-alpha software, and is unlikely to be of much interest to you. Check back later!
The recommended installation method is via RubyGems. To install the latest official release of OpenCoinage, do:
% [sudo] gem install opencoinage # Ruby 1.8.7+ % [sudo] gem install backports opencoinage # Ruby 1.8.x
To get a local working copy of the development repository, do:
$ git clone git://github.com/opencoinage/opencoinage.git
Alternatively, download the latest development version as a tarball as follows:
$ wget http://github.com/opencoinage/opencoinage/tarball/master
Refer to the accompanying CREDITS file.
- Do your best to adhere to the existing coding conventions and idioms.
- Don't use hard tabs, and don't leave trailing whitespace on any line.
- Do document every method you add using YARD annotations. Read the tutorial or just look at the existing code for examples.
- Don't touch the
AUTHORSfiles. If you need to change them, do so on your private branch only.
- Do feel free to add yourself to the
CREDITSfile and the corresponding list in the the
README. Alphabetical order applies.
- Do note that in order for us to merge any non-trivial changes (as a rule of thumb, additions larger than about 15 lines of code), we need an explicit public domain dedication on record from you.